Meeting rooms are available at no charge to individuals, associations, community groups, higher education institutions and non-profit groups engaged in educational, civic, cultural, and charitable activities.
Individuals and Community Groups requesting a meeting room will be required to provide a valid, Delaware Public Library Card number in good standing. Please include your 14 digit Library card number in the field provided on the online reservation form. Only adults may reserve a room.
For-Profit Organizations: **Until Dec. 31, 2021, the Library is waiving the meeting room fees for businesses. To waive the fee, the person making the reservation for the business will be required to provide a valid, Delaware Public Library Card number in good standing. Please include your 14 digit Library card number in the field provided on the online reservation form. Only adults may reserve a room. Meeting rooms are also available to local and area businesses to use for a nominal fee that will help support the Library. See “Fees” section below for more information.
General Rules of Use:
All meetings held at the Library must be free of charge to participants. Meeting rooms may not be used for social purposes, religious services or ceremonies, commercial purposes, political campaign activity or illegal activity. Public use of meeting rooms may not interfere with the Library’s operation. Library policies regarding patron behavior apply to meeting room use.
**The Library reserves the right to add “This is not a Library sponsored event” on any reservation request.
The booking form requires the name of the group official or individual who will assume financial responsibility for damage to equipment or cleaning fees should such be incurred.
Groups or organizations using Library meeting rooms must:
- Enforce the “No Smoking” policy within the building;
- Adhere to room capacity limitations listed on the Library’s website;
- Meetings for children and teens must have adult supervision at all times in no less than a 1 -15 ratio; and
- No admission fees are permitted for participation in meeting room programs.
- Furniture may not be moved from one meeting room to another.
Rooms are allocated according to the following priorities:
- Library programs
- Official meetings, programs or activities sponsored by the State of Delaware, New Castle County or City of Wilmington
- Other approved programs or meetings by non-profit, civic, educational and cultural entities