Computers & Technology Services
The Wilmington Public Library has 25 computers for general public use in our Technology Center on the 2nd floor. Patrons will need to log in using their Library card, which must be in good standing. Out-of-state guests may get up to 5 visitors’ passes by showing their current, out of state driver’s license, state ID, or passport. Each person is allowed up to 1 hour of computer use per day. (Temporary reduction in hours during the Library’s phase 3 reopening plan.)
- All of the public computers are connected to a printer; black & white copies are 15 cents per page and color prints are 50 cents per page.
- 2 Special accessibility computers are located in our Inspiration Space. They have ZoomText and Jaws downloaded on them.
For more information:
- Downtown Wilmington Library has an Ultimaker 2+, 3D printer.
- We currently do not charge for prints.
- Library cardholders in good standing are welcome to submit two (2) 3D files, per day for printing.
- Staff will handle the printing process.
- 3D Printing request form revised2019
- 3D Quick FAQs
- Both Branches have a FAX/scanner.
- 10¢ cents per page to fax.
- You will need a cover letter (if you want one included).
- Provide email to receive a confirmation that the fax was sent only.
- You will NOT get a confirmation that it was received.
- Wilmington’s FAX machine is located in the Technology Center – 2nd Floor.
Technology for Check Out:
The Wilmington and North Wilmington Libraries are circulating technology, just like books in our community:
Chromebooks: a new type of laptop computer. They run Chrome operating system with the best of Google built-in and multiple layers of security.
MiFi: a wireless router that acts as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot allowing your devices to connect to the internet.
Alcatel Tablets: These 8″ tablet devices act as a tablet and/or hotspot with internet access.
A hotspot is a device you can use to connect a wireless enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, to the internet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the internet almost anywhere you are, like at home, on the bus, or in the park. The hotspot device works in any service area covered by T-Mobile.
To check out a device, you will need an adult, Delaware Public Library, library card in good standing.
These are available on a walk-in basis. To see if one is available for check-out, please call us.
Wilmington Library (downtown) 302-571-7400 ext. 2400
North Wilmington Branch Library: 302-761-4290
- Chromebooks and MiFi can be checked out for one week. You can renew the items, as long as no one has placed a hold on it. Holds may be placed on them.
- Alcatel tablets can be checked out for 3 weeks. No renewals. No holds can be placed on them. They are walk-in available only.
- Tablet – Hot spot policy
- You can SCAN to email or a USB for free.
- Printing: 15¢ cents per black & white / 50¢ cents per color copy.
Send print jobs to the Wilmington Public Library (downtown) or the North Wilmington Branch Library’s printer wirelessly. Print jobs must be sent the day you wish to have them printed & they must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- Documents must be on the device you’re printing from; the service doesn’t work with documents stored in the cloud. If you’re trying to print a file on the cloud, use the cloud service’s app to sync the document or download it to your device first.
- Standard 8½ x 11 paper only. Multiple copies or differing paper sizes/types are not available through this service
- Using the Apple Map function to locate a printer won’t find all the printers at a location – please use these instructions to accurately find a printer.
- New Castle County Libraries charge a minimal fee for printing: $0.50 per color page and $0.15 per black and white page.
- Instructions for wireless printing
- Print at Wilmington Library (Downtown)
- Print at North Wilmington Branch Library
- There is free wireless internet access in all public libraries in Delaware including the Wilmington Public Library and The North Wilmington Branch Library. This service is offered by the Delaware Division of Libraries. Scan for “Libraries-Public.” You will need to “Accept” the library’s “Computer Acceptable Use” policy.
- If you are showing that you are connected to the wi-fi, but nothing is working go to your internet browser. Type in any URL or website that you know. This should prompt the Library’s Acceptable Use Policy to appear. You will need “Accept”
- Wi-Fi is turned off at night around 9:15PM and turned on at 7:30AM in the morning.
- The Wilmington Public Library has one(1) located in Reference Area.
- Each copy costs 15¢ per single-sided page.
- Double-sided 30¢ per page.
Inspiration Space at Wilmington
Is a mini-makerspace, which are collaborative, creative spaces where people can enthusiastically learn about and experiment with technology, entrepreneurship, and DIY activities.
- DSLR Cameras
- Green Screens & Lighting Kits
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Wacom Tablet
- Business Plan Pro
- Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing
- Learning Express