Computers & Technology Services
The Wilmington Public Library has 28 computers for general public use in our Technology Center on the 2nd floor. Patrons will need to log in using their Library card, which must be in good standing. Out-of-town guests may get up to 5 visitors’ passes by showing their current, out of state driver’s license, state ID, or passport. Each person is allowed up to 3 hours of computer use per day.
- All of the public computers are connected to a printer; black & white copies are 10 cents per page and color prints are 25 cents per page.
- 2 Special accessibility computers are located in our Inspiration Space. They have ZoomText and Jaws downloaded on them.
For more information:
- Downtown Wilmington Library has a MakerBot2 Replicator, 3D printer.
- We currently do not charge for prints.
- Library cardholders in good standing are welcome to submit one(1) 3D file, per day for printing.
- Staff will handle the printing process.
- Print Release Form/Policy.
- All of our adult, public computers have Blender and Sketchup 2014 to create original 3D models for printing.
- 3D Quick FAQs
- Both Branches have a FAX/scanner.
- 10¢ cents per page to fax.
- You will need a cover letter (if you want one included).
- Provide email to receive a confirmation that the fax was sent only.
- You will NOT get a confirmation that it was received.
- Wilmington’s FAX machine is located in the Technology Center – 2nd Floor.
- You can SCAN to email or a USB for free.
- Printing: 10¢ cents per black & white / 25¢ cents per color copy.
Send print jobs to the Wilmington Public Library (downtown) or the North Wilmington Branch Library’s printer wirelessly.Print jobs must be sent the day you wish to have them printed & they must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- Documents must be on the device you’re printing from; the service doesn’t work with documents stored in the cloud. If you’re trying to print a file on the cloud, use the cloud service’s app to sync the document or download it to your device first.
- Standard 8½ x 11 paper only. Multiple copies or differing paper sizes/types are not available through this service
- Using the Apple Map function to locate a printer won’t find all the printers at a location – please use these instructions to accurately find a printer.
- New Castle County Libraries charge a minimal fee for printing: $0.25 per color page and $0.10 per black and white page.
- Instructions for wireless printing
- Print at Wilmington Library (Downtown)
- Print at North Wilmington Branch Library
- There is free wireless internet access in all public libraries in Delaware including the Wilmington Public Library and The North Wilmington Branch Library. This service is offered by the Delaware Division of Libraries. Scan for “Libraries-Public.” You will need to “Accept” the library’s “Computer Acceptable Use” policy.
- If you are showing that you are connected to the wi-fi, but nothing is working go to your internet browser. Type in any URL or website that you know. This should prompt the Library’s Acceptable Use Policy to appear. You will need “Accept”
- Wi-Fi is turned off at night around 9:15PM and turned on at 7:30AM in the morning.
- The Wilmington Public Library has one(1) located in Reference Area.
- Each copy costs 15¢ per single-sided page.
- Double-sided 30¢ per page.
Inspiration Space at Wilmington
Is a mini-makerspace, which are collaborative, creative spaces where people can enthusiastically learn about and experiment with technology, entrepreneurship, and DIY activities.
- 3D Printers
- DSLR Cameras
- Green Screens & Lighting Kits
- SketchUp Make
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Wacom Tablets
- MinecraftEdu, Quickbooks
- Business Plan Pro
- Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing
- Learning Express