Update! – Expanding Services
Welcome Back! Beginning June 1st, the Wilmington and North Wilmington Branch Libraries will begin adding to our available services. Regrettably, not all services are back to pre-pandemic normal, but will be phased in as local conditions and guidelines permit. In addition to browsing the collection, checking out materials, placing holds, and registering for new library cards, patrons can now sit and read in the library. Local non-profits and organizations can also reserve meeting rooms again! Patrons can use a public computer for up to 3 hours per day.
We Care About Your Safety! The Libraries will be following county, state and federal health guidelines as well as best practices established by national library organizations.
- Masks: All unvaccinated staff, visitors and patrons over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Masks: required for all visitors to the Library’s Youth Services Department to protect youth who are still too young to be vaccinated.
- Social Distancing: All staff, visitors and patrons must maintain a 3 foot distance from others.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in staff and public staff and public areas where needed to maintain adequate distance between individuals.
- Library spaces have been temporarily reconfigured to maintain social distance.
- Hand sanitizer is located at entrances and at each service desk.
- Frequent cleaning of public computers and other methods such as the option to use plastic keyboard covers, will be made available.
Limited Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
North Wilmington Branch Library:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Patrons are welcome to browse the collection once again and check out materials in-person. “Youth Service Book Bundle flyer” and Personal Shopper Service will still be available for patrons who wish for staff to continue to browse for them, and limit their time in the Library. Patrons should limit their visit to 20 minutes for browsing and check-out.
- Libraries will remain “fine free” until August 31, 2021.
- Lost/damaged items will still need to be paid for at that time.
- Patrons can register for new cards in-person again.
As a result of needing at least 3 feet of social distance, computer time is limited to 3 hours per person, per day. You will need to use your library card to login to a computer. Please see staff if you are from out of state or are having difficulty logging in.
- Patrons are encouraged to use hand sanitizer before and after computer use.
- Patrons can print up to 20 black and white copies, per person, per day for free. Print jobs stay in the queue for 4 hours. To be courteous to others using the Technology Center, try to release all of your print jobs in one or two trips to the front of the room.
- Patrons can print in color or print more than 20 black and white copies, but must have exact change. Staff are not handling money at this time and can not make change for larger denominations. (Color copies are 50 cents each, b&w copies are 15 cents each.)
- Faxing will be available, but patrons must have exact change. Staff are not handing money at this time and can not make change for larger denominations. (Faxes are 10 cents per page.)
- To maintain social distancing, staff can only provide limited assistance to patrons.
- Guest passes can be provided to visitors with an out-of-state driver’s license or state ID.
The Library is able to provide in-person reference service, in addition to telephone and email service. Public seating is limited to maintain 3 feet of social distancing.
- Patrons can use the Xerox machine to make copies. But patrons are encouraged to bring exact change, or small denominations of $5.00 or less. Staff are not handling money at this time and can not make change for larger denominations. (b&w only, 15 cents each.)
- Staff can print up to 5 pages for patrons from the staff computers to assist in answering your questions.
The Youth Service Department will be available again for public browsing and public computer use. The Library is not able to offer in-house story times or programs. Instead – join us for story time in the Square every Wednesday during the Farmer’s Market. Please see a librarian about upcoming virtual programs. Please see a librarian about STEM kits you can take home or book bundles.
Organizations can now reserve meeting rooms again! Please be aware of the libraries reduced hours. Other considerations are in effect. Please see our meeting room page for more information: https://wilmington.lib.de.us/meeting-rooms/meeting-rooms-policies/