Chrome Books & HotSpots
The Wilmington and North Wilmington Libraries are circulating technology, just like books in our community:
- Chromebooks: a new type of laptop computer. They run Chrome operating system with the best of Google built-in and multiple layers of security.
- MiFi: a wireless router that acts as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot allowing your devices to connect to the internet.
- Alcatel Tablets: These 8″ tablet devices act as a tablet and/or hotspot with internet access.
A hotspot is a device you can use to connect a wireless enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, to the internet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the internet almost anywhere you are, like at home, on the bus, or in the park. The hotspot device works in any service area covered by T-Mobile.
To check out a device, you will need an adult, Delaware Public Library, library card in good standing.
These are available on a walk-in basis. To see if one is available for check-out, please call us.
- Wilmington Library (downtown) 302-571-7400 ext. 2400
- North Wilmington Branch Library: 302-761-4290
Chromebooks and MiFi can be checked out for one week. You can renew the items, as long as no one has placed a hold on it. Holds may be placed on them.
Alcatel tablets can be checked out for 3 weeks. No renewals. No holds can be placed on them. They are walk-in available only.
For more information: delawarelibraries.org/getconnected
Alcatel Tablet Hotspot policy