Free Tax Preparation – Drop Off
Monday, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
9:30 am – 4:30 pm
From Feb. 1 – April 15th, 2021
For taxpayers with household incomes:
at $57,000 or less with dependents
at $38,000 or less without dependents
For More Info: call Delaware 2-1-1 or 1 (800) 560-3372
What’s Required to make an appointment?
- Internet Access
- Valid email address and phone number
- Schedule appointment at NGCDC website: www.nehemiahgateway.org
How do I prepare for my Tax Drop off appointment?
- Download required IRS forms (13614c, 14446) and hold harmless waiver (Wilmington Library has some copies of the printed forms to be picked up at the curbside take-out table.)
- Complete required IRS forms (13614c, 14446) and hold harmless waiver.
- Bring completed forms (13614c, 14446), tax documents (W2s, 1099s, 1098s, 1095s, Child Care, etc.) hold harmless waiver and bank account information to your scheduled Drop Off appointment.
What to Bring and other Frequently Asked Questions: Click here for complete list of what you will need.
- When you arrive at the Library, go to the ramp entrance at the corner of 10th & King Street. Please ring the door bell at the bottom.
- Only the person having their taxes filed and spouse, if filing jointly, will be allowed into the building. (No children of any age.) Exception will be made for those who need a translator or one person if physically disabled.
- Appointments are 15 minutes long. If you are over 4 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment online.
- Individuals will only be allowed access to the Tax Drop-off Room. (No other in-person services).
- Mask must be worn properly at all times – even if alone. Individuals who are not wearing a mask, will not be allowed in.
Due to the uncertainty around the COVID-19 global pandemic, operations of the sites are subject to change without notice.
Copy of Flyer: Taxes 2021 flyer
Sponsored by the Delaware Tax & Financial Services Campaign. Funded and operated by Nehemiah Gateway Community Development Corporation in partnership with First State CAA, Stand By Me and United Way of Delaware.