Summer Reading Challenge for Adults & Kids 2019
JUNE 1ST – AUGUST 17TH, 2019
Register for the 2019 Summer Reading Program online at https://nccde.beanstack.org.
The Wilmington Public Library and North Wilmington Branch will have events throughout the summer celebrating the theme “A Universe of Stories“! Stop in to our library to learn more, and check out Wilmington’s online event calendar or North Wilmington Branch’s online event calendar for special programs.
Patrons age 18+ are welcome to participate.
- Register at the Reference Desk or online at https://nccde.beanstack.org anytime June 1-August 11, 2019. Be among the first to register to receive a free tote bag!
- Record Your Reading: Keep track of the books you read in this reading log and/or online. If you need help logging in a book to your account, please see the Reference Desk.
- Read to Win: For the first 4 books you read, receive an
electronic raffle ticket for one of the three Wilmington Library end-of-summer
prizes. Get an additional raffle ticket for each book you read after that.
- Summer Reading prizes for Wilmington Public Library adult participants include the following:
First Prize: Pass for 4 Visitors to Longwood Gardens + T-Shirt + Tote Bag
Second Prize: Pass for 2 Visitors to Winterthur + T-shirt + Tote Bag
Third Prize: Cafe Gift Card + T-Shirt + Tote Bag
Sign-up begins Saturday, June 1st, and ends Saturday, August 17th, 2019. Sign up online at https://nccde.beanstack.org or come in and register at the Youth Services desk on the Lower Level of the library.
Children, ages newborn– 17 are welcome to participate.
You may register at only one New Castle County Library!
NORTH WILMINGTON BRANCH: Call to inquire about prizes for North Wilmington Branch Participants – separate prizes for adults, teens and youth.
Read to Win:
- Participants must each read 10 hours to earn their paperback book and certificate and 2 tickets to a Blue Rocks game.
- A tote bag or another free book will be given to each participant who reads 30 hours or more.
- After reading 50 hours or more participants will receive another free book and 1 entry for a raffle to be awarded at the conclusion of the Reading Challenge.
- For every 20 hours past your initial 50 hours, you will get another raffle ticket for end of the summer raffle.
Time logs must be presented in order to receive book prizes.
We would like a record of how many hours you read this summer, even if it is fewer than 10 hours.