Summer Reading Challenge for Adults & Kids 2018
Register for the 2018 Summer Reading Program online at https://nccde.beanstack.org
Wilmington Public Library will have events throughout the summer about how “Libraries Rock!” Stop in to our library to learn more, and check out our online calendar here!
Patrons age 18+ are welcome to participate.
- Register at the Reference Desk or online at https://nccde.beanstack.org anytime June 1-August 11, 2018. The first 25 registrants will receive a free “Libraries Rock” tote bag or lanyard!
- Record Your Reading: Keep track of the books you read in this reading log and/or online. If you need help logging in a book to your account, please see the Reference Desk.
- Read to Win: For the first 4 books you read, receive an
electronic raffle ticket for one of the three Wilmington Library end-of-summer
prizes. Get an additional raffle ticket for each book you read after that.
- Summer Reading prizes for adults include the following:
Grand Prize: Pass for 2 Visitors to Longwood Gardens + T-Shirt + Tote Bag
Second Prize: Pass for 2 Visitors to Winterthur + T-shirt + Tote Bag
Third Prize: Coffee shop gift card + T-Shirt + Tote Bag
Sign-up begins Friday, June 1, and ends Saturday, August 11, 2018. Sign up online at https://nccde.beanstack.org or come in and register at the Youth Services desk on the Lower Level of the library.
Children, ages newborn– 17 are welcome to participate.
You may register at only one New Castle County Library!
Read to Win
- Participants must each read 10 hours to earn their paperback book and certificate and 2 tickets to a Blue Rocks game.
- A tote bag or another free book will be given to each participant who reads 30 hours or more.
- After reading 50 hours or more participants will receive another free book and 1 entry for a raffle to be awarded at the conclusion of the Reading Challenge.
- For every 20 hours past your initial 50 hours, you will get another raffle ticket for end of the summer raffle.
Time logs must be presented in order to receive book prizes.
We would like a record of how many hours you read this summer, even if it is fewer than 10 hours.