Using the Library
Policies and Information:
Equipment / Computers:
The Wilmington Public Library has 28 computers for general public use in our Technology Center. Patrons will need to log in using their Library card, which must be in good standing. Out-of-town guests may get a visitors pass by showing their current, out of state driver’s license, state ID, or passport. Each person is allowed up to 3 hours of computer use per day.
- All of the public computers are connected to a printer; black & white copies are 10 cents per page and color prints are 25 cents per page.
- Coming Soon 3D Printer: the Library has an Ultimaker Original 3D printer. We currently do not charge for prints. For more information, please see our Print Release Form/Policy 3DPrinterForm-Libraries_Final.pdf.
- All of our adult public computers have Blender and Sketchup 2014 to create 3D models for printing.
- We do NOT have a public fax machine or public scanner.
For more information:
- Computer Lab RulesGuest Pass Policy
There is free wireless internet access in the Wilmington Public Library. This service is offered by the Delaware Division of Libraries.
Click here for a Wireless Network Troubleshooting Guide
The Wilmington Public Library has one, black & white photocopier for public use. Each copy costs 15¢ per single-sided page. This copier has special features for copying from books and other print materials. Double-sided copies can be made, but cost 30¢ per page.
The Wilmington Public Library welcomes private tours and class visits. These must be scheduled in advance. For tours and class visits for children, please contact the Children’s Department at (302) 571-7412. For adult groups, please contact the Reference Department at (302) 571-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org