The Wilmington Public Library has a staff of professional librarians to assist you.
We have a number of services and ways in which you can contact us.
We are available to assist you with:
- Finding Information and answers to quick questions.
- Using the Library Catalog or eBooks.
- Searching databases for magazine or newspaper articles.
- Local historical research including genealogy and obituary searches
- Locating Items in the Delaware Library Catalog or through Interlibrary Loans.
- Requesting the purchase of a title for the collection.
- Homework help
Reference Collections of Special Interest:
Phone Books and Directories:
- Current business directories of regional and national interest.
- Online access to Reference USA
- Historical collection of Polk City Directories going back to the 1850’s
- Historical collection of phone books, including some cities in Kent and Sussex County.
- Print and resources on “How to Start a Business” (Online resources are available through the “Small Business Reference Center“)
- Databases such as Reference USA, located under “Business” that can help you find potential clients or locate potential competitors.
- Local historical business information.
- Biographical encyclopedias – print resources
- Online resources